2016/08/20

The fire behind the mountains in front of my door

Looking out of the window in my room, I was delighted to see a cloud at the horizon! Yay, we might get rain or at least some shadows. But I also had a weird gut feeling that this cloud was not completely innocent.

Later during the day, I stepped out and realized that I could watch the cloud growing and swelling. The source seemed to be located at a specific spot and the rest of the sky ways absolutely cloudless as usual. It turned out, it's a "small" local fire behind the mountains here. Nobody really talks about it, it's just there. Last time, the fire was apparently closer or the wind pointed in a different direction so that we got an e-mail saying we should stay inside the houses and not exercise outside. We didn't get any message yet, hu.