2016/04/17

Holi

When I first heard of the Holi festival I had to think of some wannabe-60/70 generation revival, but it turned out to be a very nice event where everybody throws colored powder at everybody else.  Holi is a Hindu spring festival in India and it's meant to celebrate the begin of spring, all the good things in the world and love. If you'd like to read more, wikipedia knows it.







There was one Holi event yesterday and one today - we ended up participating in today's event because it was meant to be the "undergraduate" one, i.e. more party ;) Both events were directly at the beach so we could wash of the color immediately afterwards - but we didn't and walked around as smurves on the beach.That was fun since a lot of people recognized where we had been and commented "That was fun, eh?". Fortunately, after intensive scrubbing the color goes off your skin and I don't feel any damage to my lungs. I got a pair of white shorts and a T-shirt colored for free... and a sunburn, I guess, but that might be some rests of color as well ;)