2015/08/23

Grad Visit Day

Though I am not in the US yet, I have already visited the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), and the town itself during the Graduate Visit Day. This happened in April and the day is supposed to show all admitted students the university so the can decide where they finally want to go.
About sixty other Physics grad students attended! But probably we will only be about twenty people starting this fall.

UCSB Campus.

I was surprised that the university paid the costs for the hotel and even for the flight from Germany! Nobody could think of similar system in Germany. There is something like an "Open Day" in Göttingen, my home university, but there is no breakfast with professors nor a free lunch with post-Docs and current grad students.
Thanks to everyone who was involved in the organization! All my questions found an answer and I even got sunburned - which was funny when I returned to the rather rainy Göttingen.

Santa Barbara beach.